Purposes for Which Creditloans Handles Personal Information
Creditloans collects and uses personal information for purposes limited to those which are related to its business, which includes only providing financial services. We collect personal information primarily from you, for instance through applications and supporting information and documentation you provide. We may also collect personal information about you through your ongoing interactions with us, from references, employers and other financial institutions you have identified in your application as well as credit bureaus and other third party sources. For example, we may collect personal information from credit bureaus for the purposes of locating you to collect outstanding debts. In connection with loan agreements, we may also collect personal information from credit bureaus in order to verify your current and ongoing creditworthiness and other information you may provide to us.
We may collect personal information for purposes such as the following:
• To manage and promote the business activities of Creditloans;
• To verify identity and other information provided by customers and to determine eligibility for products and services;
• To open, administer and service accounts and loans and to provide and administer any requested products or services;
• To evaluate current and ongoing creditworthiness and other requirements and to determine their eligibility or suitability for products or services offered by Creditloans;
• To advertise, market and promote Creditloans’s products and services to customers who have not opted out of such communications, including by mail, email and telephone and including by using automatic dialing and announcing devices;
• To establish relationships, provide quality service to and communicate with customers;
• To collect outstanding debts;
• To protect the business interests of Creditloans and its customers, including to detect and prevent fraud and other unauthorized or illegal activities; and
• To maintain business records for reasonable periods to meet legal and regulatory records retention requirements; and
• For other purpose with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Personal Information Creditloans Collects
Creditloans limits the amount and type of personal information collected to that which is necessary for our identified purposes, and we collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
Personal information that we collect includes:
• Customer name and contact information, including mailing address, telephone number, fax number and/or email address;
• Additional information for identity matching and credit check purposes, such as occupation, name of employer, names and contact information for references, assets, liabilities, income, previous address, number of dependents, Social Insurance Number (if provided), date of birth and driver’s license number;
• Information about the account or loan, such as current and historical account or loan information, balance and indebtedness, account transaction history and similar information, and records relating to the handling of any inquiries or complaints;
• Payment-related information, such as banking information; and
• Such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Transfers and Disclosures of Personal Information
Creditloans may disclose personal information in a number of circumstances, including:
• To credit bureaus, credit reporting agencies and to your current or future creditors for the purpose of maintaining your credit history and providing credit references;
• To financial institutions for payment processing purposes;
• To third parties as reasonably necessary:
• to enforce your contracts with us and otherwise for the collection or payment of a debt owed to us;
• for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud;
• in connection with audits;
• for the purposes of meeting legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, risk management and security requirements;
• Unless you have opted out, to affiliates of Creditloans to enable them to offer you additional products and services;
• Unless you have opted out, to Creditloans’s insurance partners so that they may offer insurance products and services that may be of interest to you; and
• For other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
In addition to the above, personal information may be shared between Creditloans affiliates for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes including defending and bringing legal actions. In the course of fulfilling the purposes described above, Creditloans may transfer your personal information to service providers, including affiliates or other third party organizations or individuals retained by Creditloans to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, customer service, office, security, collections, insurance, financial and taxation services. When personal information is transferred to service providers, we use contractual or other means to ensure that a comparable level of protection is provided. Some of our service providers may be located in the United States and will be subject to applicable legal requirements in that country including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in certain circumstances.
Creditloans may also use and disclose personal information in connection with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Creditloans or our business or assets (including your loan), for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. Assignees or successors of Creditloans or our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this Policy.
Creditloans may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Creditloans uses safeguards and other security standards to ensure that all personal information in its custody and control is protected against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, and storage of the personal information. Authorized employees, agents and mandataries of Creditloans who require access to personal information to fulfill their job requirements will have access to personal information.
Access and Accuracy
Creditloans may establish and maintain a file containing an individual’s personal information for the purposes described above, which will be accessible at our offices. Individuals have the right to request to access to or correction of their personal information that is held by Creditloans. Requests must be made in writing, addressed to Creditloans’s Privacy Officer. We will respond to written request within a reasonable time (generally within 30 days). Provision of copies of records containing personal information may be subject to a fee. We will use our best efforts to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If an individual successfully demonstrates the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, we will amend the information as required. If we refuse access to personal information or disagree with an assertion that information held by us is incorrect, Creditloans will provide a written explanation for such refusal. An individual’s right to request access to or correction of their personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Creditloans’s Websites and E-Mail Communication
Creditloans does not guarantee the confidentiality of any communications made by you via e-mail or otherwise through our websites. If you wish to provide information of a confidential or sensitive nature to Creditloans, please contact us directly by telephone to arrange for delivery/transmission of such information by secure means.
In certain circumstances, as permitted or required by law, we may collect, use or disclose personal information without the knowledge or consent of the individual. These circumstances include but are not limited to: personal information that is publicly available as defined by regulation; where collection is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way; where disclosure is made for the purposes of collecting a debt owed to us; or to comply with a subpoena, warrant or court order.
Inquires or Further Information
Attention: Privacy Officer
Creditloans Canada Financing Inc.
650 – 1500 W. Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6G 2Z6
You may also reach the Privacy Officer by calling the Company’s toll-free phone number 1-855-723-5626 (LOAN) and reaching the corporate head office by pushing option 4; alternatively, the Privacy officer can be reached at: email@example.com